Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Interiors, II

Tonight is my first official night in my new apartment. I spent an "unofficial" night here on Saturday, sleeping on the futon couch after a friend dropped me off quite late. This evening I will sleep on my bed, albeit unmade, as the mattress cover got rather filthy during its traumatic transition today. Miraculously, a mover and I managed to cajole, squeeze and tug my queen size mattress up two flights of very narrow stairs. Pushing this unwieldy item through the passageway of the staircase, trying to get it to contract enough to make it over just one more step, and then our relief that we actually succeeded in this ludicrous endeavor, brought to mind the birthing process (even though I haven't experienced it personally).

On a lighter note, I present a catalogue of items left in my apartment by the previous tenant, in the order in which I discovered them. Can you figure out which I kept and which I've tossed?

White fan
Ironing board
Iron
Orange vacuum cleaner
Cleaning supplies - many
Comforter, faded and worn
Three frozen chicken entrees (2 Barber Foods, 1 Stouffers)
An extra plastic shower curtain
One stick of salted butter
One bottle of Heinz Ketchup
Clear rectangular glass vase
Starbucks Mug, "Barista" series
Four sheer purple drapes
One sheer white drape
Wooden rolling pin
Red teakettle
Two chenille throw pillows
Toaster oven - working and reasonably clean
Bags of round silver balls from the Christmas Tree Shop
Scented candles
Faux crystal candle holders
1.5 liter bottle of Advanced Listerine, 80% full
Equaline value pack Douche, package of four, three remaining

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful list!
Please send Marco the Listerine, if you still have it - he's been bugging me about mouthwash. I think it's a silly thing to buy.
Polly